The Business Development Manager ("BDM") role is responsible for prospecting, developing and closing profitable new business within a defined geographic area. The BDM will employ a targeted marketing approach to grow the Wholesale contract fuel sales, including both commercial unbranded sales and regional branded and unbranded site operators.
This is a highly consultative selling scenario, as you will need to explain the tremendous value of being affiliated with 7-Eleven, the largest convenience retailer in the US, to prospective customers. You will be persuading customers to make a significant commitment, as the focus will be on long-term value and return on investment, rather than daily price points.
• Identify, develop and close new business, including securing both branded supply contracts and commercial fuel sales, to meet aggressive volume and gross profit goals.
• Partner with Regional SEIFS Wholesale management, SEIFS Retail management, and 7-Eleven Real Estate management, to aggressively pursue Regional and National Accounts opportunities.
• Champion a positive, professional image of SEIFS, to create customer goodwill, foster referrals and secure repeat business.
• Gain the personal trust and professional confidence of all SEIFS stakeholders, employees, customers, creditors, suppliers and landlords, for support to close business as required.
• Develop and leverage relationships with businesses and industry entities such as existing retailers, industry contacts, and real estate companies to cultivate new business prospects.
• Actively participate in industry organizations to continually build a professional network.
• Estimate demand for proposed customer pipeline based on data and information from prospects.
• Submit complete credit packages and assist in obtaining all necessary documentation for billing, including exemption certificates, tax forms, special pricing forms, etc.
• Develop and deliver presentations on SEIFS services to small, medium and large groups.
• Develop proposals for prospects.
• Foster productive Supplier relationships, to ensure SEIFS is offered the most lucrative brand proposals and fuel pricing available.
• Review and understand station SEIFS economics and contracts.
• Provide input to the SEIFS management team, on new product or service features to be developed, to meet current and future customer needs.
• Work closely with the support staff on the development of new opportunities and station operations and performance.
• Keep account activities and literature up to date, including any applicable SEIFS CRM tool.
• Follow-up with new accounts to ensure customer satisfaction.
Create and communicate value added presentations to end customers.
• Education: Bachelors/4 Yr. Degree.
• 10 years Wholesale Fuel Sales experience.
• Fearless approach to pursuing new business.
• Self-motivated and aggressive.
• Strong entrepreneurial drive, as well as exceptional interpersonal skills, and the ability to develop rapport and long-term relationships with customers.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint, familiarity with CRM.
• Excellent problem solving and reasoning skills.
• A valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and good driving record.• Excellent English-language oral communication skills: good written and analytical skills.