▶ Who we are
Imagine working in a place where continuous improvement and innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where fast-paced, high-impact teams come together to positively drive results for one of the largest & most iconic brands in the world.
As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name, have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly sought-after products, such as Slurpee® and Big Bite®. “Brain Freeze” is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old Slurpee® and with over 67,000 stores globally (more than any other retailer or food service provider), we sell over 14 million a month.
But there’s a lot more to our story and much more left to be written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has been ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It’s what drove us to invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to better serve the needs of our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience in big ways...we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people like you to come make history with us.
▶ How we lead
At 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles.
Each principle has a defined set of behaviors which help guide the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support Stores.
▶ About This Opportunity
This position is responsible developing, planning and constructing Electric Vehicle Projects across the United States & Canada at 7-Elevens. This individual must have the ability to develop new processes as this is a new team being built.
This position can be remote.
• Responsible for managing architects, engineers and contractors to plan and execute EV Construction projects.
• This includes contract negotiation, contract management and all project management of projects.
• Sets up communication meetings as necessary to stay on time and schedule resulting in a high-quality project.
• Responsible for electric vehicle projects combined with batteries.
• Coordinate with utilities, vendors, landlords, operations as appropriate throughout project.
• Manages relationships with utility and vendor partners that are part of EV projects.
• Working closely with multiple teams in 7-Eleven, Development, Property Management, Operations, Construction, Engineering & Facilities.
• Evaluate 7-Eleven sites for EV Chargers to ensure enough space, proper placement and most cost-effective project.
• Prepare applications or due diligence for EV Grants.
EDUCATION: Bachelors/4 Yr Degree
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE: 5+ years
YEARS OF MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE: 1+ years
CERTIFICATIONS / LICENSES: PMP preferred
• 5+ years’ experience in construction project management, preferably with electrical and/or civil infrastructure experience
• Ability to read and understand construction drawings.
• High standards and uphold 7-Eleven leadership principles
• Ability to travel with little to no notice; must have valid driver’s license, auto insurance and safe driving record
• Proven ability to converse with and persuade stakeholders at all levels of management
• Leader who can manage, coach and teach others but also capable of working independently.
• Expert knowledge in Microsoft Office suite of applications and thorough working knowledge of database concepts and common applications.
• Strong project management, facilitation, and negotiation skills.
• Construction Management Skills
• Electrical Vehicle Experience
• Willingness to Travel