▶ Who we are
Imagine working in a place where continuous improvement and innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where fast-paced, high-impact teams come together to positively drive results for one of the largest & most iconic brands in the world.
As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name, have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly sought-after products, such as Slurpee® and Big Bite®. “Brain Freeze” is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old Slurpee® and with over 67,000 stores globally (more than any other retailer or food service provider), we sell over 14 million a month.
But there’s a lot more to our story and much more left to be written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has been ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It’s what drove us to invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to better serve the needs of our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience in big ways...we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people like you to come make history with us.
▶ How we lead
At 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles.
Each principle has a defined set of behaviors which help guide the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support Stores.
▶ About This Opportunity
This position will be responsible for applying for grants as well as management of ongoing rebate and incentive programs at the state, local, and utility levels. This includes planning, researching, prospecting, writing and securing funds from a variety of sources. Included responsibilities are submitting timely and accurate grants, proposals,
applications, and reports for all grants. This position will also be responsible for evaluating financials for all projects purposed as well as doing financial analytics, including pricing, for all 7-Eleven operational electric vehicle chargers.
While this position is preferred to be in DFW, it can be remotely located.
• Manage and write all electric vehicle grants, reports and evaluations in collaboration with other key stakeholders to assist in growing 7-Eleven's Electric Vehicle Program
• Analyze the project budgets and make recommendations on applying and accepting grants at store locations
• Ability to clearly communicate and understand all grant requirements to allow proper business evaluation
• Monitor paperwork and other related documents connected with grant-funded programs
• Maintain records of all payments and receivables and prepare monthly records for all grant related activities
• Evaluate financials for EV projects
• Evaluate pricing for EV locations
EDUCATION: Bachelors/4 Yr Degree
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE: 5+ years
YEARS OF MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE: NA
CERTIFICATIONS / LICENSES: PMP preferred
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Leader who can manage, coach and teach others but also capable of working independently.
• Expert knowledge in Microsoft Office suite of applications and thorough working knowledge of database concepts and common applications.
• Strong project management, facilitation, and negotiation skills.
• Thorough working knowledge of energy related engineering specifications for small box retail or similar applications.
• Minimum of three years’ experience with federal, private and corporate grant writing
• Experience with proposal writing
• Written communication skills: ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals and agreements
• Strong editing, research, logic, commons sense, presentation, and writing skills
• Aggressive attention to detail